Renewing your Membership
KCC memberships are due after each Annual General Meeting (AGM) which is usually held in 1st week of March. At the AGM the cost of the subs are voted on.
Please pay via the Scottish / British Cycling website, click this link KCC Membership Fee
(please note you do NOT have to be a member of Scottish / British Cycling to become a member of KCC. We are using their website to handle the KCC payments for which they charge you a £1 admin fee regardless if you are later approved by the club or not)
Adults membership costs £10 per annum (plus a £1 British Cycling admin fee, which is non-refundable)
Junior membership costs £5 per annum (plus a £1 British Cycling admin fee, which is non-refundable)
Juniors also require Parental Consent before memberships can be approved. Please contact the club using the Membership Secretary Webmail link beforehand.
Guest Rides (for people who have never previously been a KCC member)
KCC Club runs are open to Guest riders who wish to try the club runs before joining, with the following conditions
- Guest rides are only open for people who have NOT previously been a KCC member.
- The maximum number of Guest rides is 3, after which they will need to decide if they are going to join the club
Joining Us ?
The Membership Secretary will be able to advice which Club run suits your ability plus they will "look out" for you when you apply for Club access to Spond and FB Members (closed group)
Adults membership costs £10 per annum (plus a £1 British Cycling admin fee, which is non-refundable KCC)
Kinross Cycling Club is predominantly an adult cycling club.
- Parents must first contact the Membership Secretary expressing a wish for the Junior to join the club (see weblink below)
- The membership Secretary will require the Date Of Birth of the child as part of the decision process
- Parents or Guardian will be asked to accept & agree that the junior can ONLY ride in Club Rides and events when accompanied by the junior's own parent, guardian or a responsible adult. Note Ride Captains/Leaders do not qualify as that responsible adult (unless it was their own child)
- Juniors aged 13 to under 18 require formal Parental Consent before memberships can be approved
- The final approval or not of a Junior will be at the discretion of the Club
Junior membership costs £5 per annum (plus a £1 British Cycling admin fee, which is non-refundable by KCC)
How to Join the Club (New Members)
Step 1 Please contact the club membership Secretary via this webmail link Membership Secretary before paying your KCC membership via Scottish / British website.
Unfortunately they don't send notifications to the Membership which can lead to a delay in approving your membership. i.e. it can only be approved the next time the Membership Sec' speculatively logs into SC/BC website.
Step 2 Click this link to pay your KCC Membership Fee (via Scottish cycling). Scottish Cycling will email you that they have charge an Admin fee of £1, then after the KCC Membership Secretary has approved you, they will receive another email from SC saying you have been approved as a KCC Member.
(please note you do NOT have to be a member of Scottish Cycling to become a member of KCC. We use British Cycling to handle the payments for which they charge you the £1 admin fee)
Step 3 Once you have been approved, the Membership Secretary will email you a Link to the Spond App which contains the KCC Group Code. Spond is used to book all KCC related events including Club Rides. Once you have downloaded the Spond App and created your account, The membership Secretary will approve you. Further details on Spond can be found here Spond instructions.
Step 4 (Optional) If you use Facebook the club has a two FB pages, one is Only for KCC Members giving information regarding club rides and which KCC Members can post onto.
Search "KCC Members" then select "request to join". The Membership Secretary will approve you.