Grand Prix Evening Time Trial Series 2017
|20 April||18:45||5 Mile TT:||10m 50s||Andy Bruce||2/5/13|
|4 May||18:45||Cleish Hill Climb||6m 56s||Andy Bruce||23/5/13|
|18 May||18:45||Milnathort 10||22m 59s||Andy Bruce||18/6/15|
|1 June||18:45||Hilly TT||36m 40s||Andy Bruce||14/5/15|
|8 June||18:45||Loch Leven TT||28m 38s||Andy Bruce||23/6/16|
|22 June||18:45||Balado 10||23m 01s||Andy Bruce||2/7/15|
|6 July||18:45||25 Mile TT||59m 12s||Jo McMillan||16/6/16|
|20 July||18:45||Loch Leven TT||28m 38s||Andy Bruce||23/6/16|
|3 August||18:45||Milnathort 15||33m 31s||Andy Bruce||7/7/16|
|17 August||18:45||Cleish Hill Climb||6m 56s||Andy Bruce||23/5/13|
|24 August||18:45||5 Mile TT||10m 50s||Andy Bruce||2/5/13|
|7 September||18:45||One Mile Sprint||1m 42.49s||Jo McMillan||8/9/16|
Sign on by 18:45, first rider away 19:01
The Rules: updated 25/01/2017
In the interests of rider safety all riders warming up will be required to clear the course 2 minutes before the start of the event. Any rider on the course warming up after the event start will be subject to disqualification at the discretion of the organiser or time keeper.
- Age category for the whole season is determined by your age on 01/04 of that year.
- Age categories for the competition are:
- Junior: Under 18 [Jun]
- Senior: 18 - 39 [Snr]
- Veteran: 40 - 49 [Vet]
- Senior Veteran: 50 - 54 [SVet]
- Vintage: 55 - 59 [Vin]
- Expert: 60+ [Exp]
- Helmets are compulsory.
- No rider may impede another rider.
- Any current, paid up, member is eligible to ride and score points. Individuals may join on the day by submitting a completed membership form and payment to a club official prior to commencing the race. Note: that ALL members even if they are first claim with another club are now entitled to ride our events.
- To gain points in an event both rider and bike must cross the finish line unaided.
- Participants will be required to volunteer at two events to unlock all the points accrued by riding events. If a rider does not volunteer at any events then only 50% of the points available will be awarded. If a rider volunteers at one event then they will receive 75% of the points for completed events. If a rider volunteers for a second event then they will receive 100% of their points for completed events. e.g.
- A rider rides two events, wins both (100 points each) but has not volunteered to help at an event.
- The rider will only be shown with 100 points (50%) in the overall league table.
- The rider now volunteers at the next event.
- The riders total points is now 150 (75%)
- The rider volunteers for a second event
- The riders total points is now 200 (100%)
- Although a rider may volunteer at further events there will be no points advantage in doing so.
- If more volunteers come forward than are required then the event organiser will decide who will be allowed to volunteer.
- Under exceptional circumstances when help is required and no volunteers are forthcoming a club official will request that a rider withdraws from an event to help.
- The event organiser may allow a helper to ride in the event and score points at his/her discretion, workload permitting and on a case by case basis.
- A guest may ride with permission of the club chairman or the event organiser. They will not score points until they are a member and they may not ride more than two events per year (as a non paid member). Please note the total number of guests per event may be limited by the chairman or the event organiser.
- Our events are held on public roads which are often narrow and in some cases have limited visibility. It is therefore important that all competitors are aware of other road users at all times both in the start and finish areas. All competitors must therefore leave the road clear for through traffic at all times and where possible congregate off the road.
- All riders must have a red light fitted to the rear of their bike, working at the start of the time trial.
Grand Prix Scoring:
- The fastest cyclist of any event will be awarded 100 points.
- The second place will be awarded 99 points, 3rd will receive 98 points and so on until all competitors, on that particular day have received points.
- If more than 100 riders participate then scores of 1 will be awarded to the lowest scoring riders.
- 7 out of 12 events will count towards the final scoring. A riders best 7 points scores, not times, will count. The overall winner will be the club member who has amassed the highest score over the year
- A rider must help out (volunteer) at two events to unlock 100% of the points earned. See rule 6.
- No distinction for gender will exist.
- In the event of a tie then the rider with the highest number of 1st places will win the tie. If competitors have an equal number of say first placings then the highest number of second placings, third placings etc. will be taken into consideration.
Grand Prix Disciplinary Actions:All disciplinary actions will be dealt with immediately on the night or up to 7 days after the event
- eg type of machine being ridden (full fairing recumbent), impeding by traffic, mechanical, harassment by another rider, heavy rain in later part of event, or whatever will be resolved by a Grand Prix committee of 3. Namely the GP organiser or commissaires for the evening event (if different), time keeper (if different to GP organiser) and one other member for the KCC committee selected by GP organiser.
- Resolutions may or may not be given on the night.
(Please note that a mechanical failure, change in weather or traffic impediments will not usually qualify for any form of compensation to the individual)
Please be reminded that the club has no responsibility to individual members regarding any form of insurance. It is up to the individual member to organise his/her own comprehensive, public liability and third party insurance. This can be obtained as a British Cycling Gold or Silver member Please note only Gold Membership from British Cycling provides the rider with personal accident insurance, Silver membership provides the rider with third party liability, Bronze membership provides no insurance cover. These rules (especially those affecting a riders safety) may have to be reviewed and amended from time to time. Rule revisions affecting scoring will only take place in the closed season. It is in all our interest that we keep this to a minimum but rules are sometimes a necessary evil to ensure all our safety and above all our enjoyment of the event.
By entering KCC events all club members will agree to and abide by all requirements as laid out on the
RIDER AGREEMENT FORM